Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Hot as Hades

So, we finally have summer. It's hot, it's humid, and it's fraught with biting insects. Not my favorite time of year- not by a long shot. Things are pretty quiet at my place- most of the animals prefer to be inside in the a/c. When you get to be an older dog, you relish your creature comforts. To illustrate, yesterday when I got home from work, I let the dogs out and then, much to my chagrin, played ball with Danny. Yes, he still wants to do this. I believe that he honestly believes that the back yard is for ball throwing, and the occasional constitutional. So, we play a bit, but there is a fair amount of stopping at the stock tank to dip half his body in- but only when I put the ball in there. There must be a purpose to going in there, you know. When we were done, I came inside and all the animals were lolled out. Mr. Chips was still outside laying spread eagle by the stock tank. I only have one smallish a/c - and a fan, and that has to do. It gets very warm in the house starting about 4:00 pm, until about 4:00 am.

I found Ricky, my favorite Parakeet on the floor of his cage today. He is not well at all. He has had diarrhea for some time now. I gave them a treat stick some time ago, and not long after that he was sick. I looked on the package and it was expired- whatever that means. He looked fine this weekend- the female wasn't, but he was, and he was going to her and feeding her. He is such a sweet bird. I got some activated charcoal and put it in some warm water, to help stop the diarrhea, but I am afraid it's too late. I believe when I get home he will be gone. I am sorry Ricky.

Well, that's it for now.

No comments: