Monday, August 24, 2009

A good day

Today was a good day. I am glad I got that cleaning done yesterday, so I could focus on the other stuff. Today, as soon as I got home from work, I mowed the lawn. Before I started the mower, I checked for traces of grass under the engine shroud, like I always do. There was indeed grass. This means that a mouse has set up house keeping. Usually I pound around the engine, and nothing happens, or maybe, an adult mouse runs out. Believe me, I have learned the hard way to always make sure the mice are clear of moving parts...

Anyway, I took the shroud off, and cleaned out the grass. I then looked closer, and see a small baby mouse. About two weeks. Fully furred, but eyes still closed. Great. He keep squishing himself deeper into the bowels of the engine. So, I get a stick and sort of push him down, and then plop he goes on the shed floor and then he darts to the back corner. This is good- just what I wanted. He was certainly in good nik. So, I finally got the lawn mowed, and called the vet to see if I could get Danny in for his Rabies vax. I hate doing it, but we would be hung out to dry if something happened and I could not prove his proof of Rabies Vaccination.

So, on the way to the vet, I see this kid walking a French Bull dog. The dog was walking at a brisk trot- apparently not fast enough for the kid, as I saw him in quick succession yank the dog off his feet about 5 feet forward each time. At which point I yelled "Hey!!! EASY with that dog!" He was a bit surprised when he heard me, but good, I hope it sinks in that he was WRONG.

So, that's the day today. Everything I wanted to get done got done. Now, T minus 10 and counting for tomorrow.

No comments: