Saturday, August 1, 2009

A day among days

Not sure what that title means...

Anyway, today was a good day. Got up, and decided to take Danny on his first solo walk with my near the golf course. He has always been good with people, but this was slightly different because there were people coming and going in all directions, and lots of joggers. So, we started our walk, and pretty much immediately, a jogger came up behind us, and Danny "spooked" a bit. Hackles up, that sort of thing, but was over it fast, and then, after that, joggers coming up behind us, and toward us he didn't even notice. Then, we came upon a Standard Poodle coming the opposite direction. I gave them a wide berth, and it was good, because that Poodle was giving a hard stare to Danny, who reciprocated with bluster. That was the only other dog we saw.

On the way home from there, I went by a garage sale and saw a nice book case (home made and SOLID) for sale, so I turned around and asked the woman how much. Apparently, it wasn't for sale- it was just to hold the other stuff. Well, I got it for $12.00! You cannot BEAT that. It's so well built, and will hold all my books. I love it.

Stopped at the grocery store on the way home for dinner food, and when I got home, I unloaded and decided to clean out the car (when I was moving everything to get the book case to fit, big puffs of dog hair wafted out- that was embarrassing ;). Anyway, I noticed that in the FIVE minutes I had Danny in the car when I got my shopping done, he had chewed on the leg of the book case. Thanks Danny.

Anyway, I got it all set up and I love it. I then had my early dinner, and am now just going to chill. It is very very hot today- too hot to play ball, or any yard work.

One thing I wanted to comment on- there was a package of Australian lamb chops for sale- 4 of them for over $8.00 !!!!!!!!

Okay, so I made my wonderbar meal- steak, corn on the cob, and watched a movie. Next task is to clean. Joy.

On the knee front, made an appointment for Monday (can you believe I got in that early?) My knees hurt while just trying to sleep, and now the one is bruised. Can't wait to find out what it is, and hopefully, get a jab of cortisone. Anything to make these things chill out.

No comments: