Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Scary smart?

Lucy likes to "work" anything she can. Dogs will do if there are no sheep, even a cat.
It isn't a particularly endearing trait, but we have come to a compromise- no roughing anyone up.

Yesterday, while out in the yard, I saw Lucy pick up a toy from the deck, trot out to the place where Dan, and Lucy hang out, leave it there, and go back to the place where she starts her stalk. I couldn't believe it. She had actually set a trap of sorts, to get some dog, any dog, to come up on that toy, so she could work them. Sort of blew my mind. Scary smart? Yes.

Little Dan is doing well. Apparently steak at about 7 pm is the BEST sleeping pill. I fell asleep at 8 something and didn't wake up until 5 this morning. I know I have been tired, but BOY, it was something else. Danny was fine when we got up. That is good to know!

No comments: