Sunday, February 22, 2009

Good Sunday Morning

To you.

What a busy weekend. I had to work on Saturday, and then headed up later in the day to work sheep. Danny got to play with his pup girl friend and another bigger boy. He had fun! He is growing in leaps and bounds. He went in for his 9 week appointment (for vaccinations/worming/general check up). He weighed in at 11 lbs. He was so good. He really likes people. Anyway, now that he has another round of shots, I am not SO worried about him being out. Okay, back to sheep.

I worked Lucy- she was good, but was met with heavy pressure by the sheep being held by my friend- there is one Kathadin in there that just wants to stay with a person. I had to ask her up, and she did, but before that, she just sort of stood there- which is unusual. She HIGHLY respects my friend, so she may have been worried about taking the sheep off him- who knows. But, as usual, she got them to me. We worked on walk ups more, and we also did some small flank back and outs. She wasn't sure because I have been using get out just to tell her to get off the sheep- not for a particular direction. So, we did that until she was comfortable with it. Then, I had a bit of an epiphany with my lass.

See, when Lucy is anxious- usually when I raise my voice, and am not clear about what I want- she gets googly- basically, her tail will flick, and you can see she is just anxious. Not scared, not less keen, just anxious. I have made this, I am sure. So, my focus on my girl now will be to just shut UP, and be calm. There is no good reason to have done this to her. I feel bad. But, no sense in feeling bad- just change what you are doing, right?

Danny got to watch his daddy work sheep yesterday. That Glen is, to me, the epitome of what a good sheepdog should be. He comes in that pasture, ready to do his master's bidding, and he does what is asked, and when, plus he has all the style you could ask for PLUS at almost 10, he is very athletic.

Danny thinks that the running dogs are cool, but he really likes the sheep. Especially when they are looking at him. He gets a serious look on his face. He tried to get through the fence when a couple of ewes that were shed came up near him.

When I got home- late last night, I made a stop at the feed store- forgot to buy canned food for Tucker- CLOSED! DARN IT! So, that means a trip out of my way this week.

Danny slept in until 5 this morning, which was nice. Lucy and he played a lot- with me closely supervising, and he also followed Tucker outside. He sort of loves Tucker- looks up to him- you know, man to man. I got a tear in my eye, knowing that my time with Tucker is short. He is such a great dog.

Then, I made a great breakfast. It turned out extra tasty, as did the coffee. Later today, lots of cleaning? Oh, one cool thing- I splurged for a Pizzeria Uno frozen deep dish pizza at the store yesterday- it was $5.99, but it came up $6.99. So, I got it FREE!!! :)))) Thanks Stop and Shop :)

Well, there you have it. Things were good this weekend. Very restorative indeed.
Thanks dogs, you make my life whole.

No comments: