Sunday, February 15, 2009

Back to normal

Finally got to work sheep yesterday. Some other folks and I arrived to my friend's place, and it was a lovely time. Lucy did pretty well, although, even though her downs were good with me, when my friend came out to set, boom- out the window (well, by several feet, not totally), isn't that always the way? We worked on honest flanking, and downs, and then some good outruns/lifts. At one point the sheep were bolting up the hill, and I sent Lucy. I have her a come by, and she came in deep, and turned in and walked in on them, and then glided right into good pace of fetch behind them- with no reminding. It was really cool.

Danny did well too. Wasn't much fun of a day for him, as he was in my lap for most of it, but he was well received. All in all it was just great to be out there working again. Need much more of that. Came home to a nice steak dinner made for me. Nice Valentines day after all.

Lucy AND Dan slept well last night. See? We need to work sheep more. Oh, and Danny "saw" the sheep :)

No comments: