Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Nice day

Lucy and I worked sheep again. It was a good day weather-wise- felt like spring. That was therapeutic in and of itself. Lucy was good. I like that if she gets tight anywhere on her outrun, I can say "get out" and she will. Now, she generally doesn't get tight, but in this particular instance, she was trying to avoid the crusty snow ;)
But, when I asked for a get out, boom! she did it. She is coming in real nice on the sheep, and we did a fair amount of driving, though we are both a bit rusty on that.

Then we worked in a small pen on backs and outs, basically small partial flanks that keep her honest (no coming in when stopped, and stopping when asked). We did that a bit, and then we worked more on corners, and walk ups. It was good.

She is a pushy, fast girl. I am neither ;) But, we muddle through. Dan got to play with a nice young BC. WOW was that great to see. They were fast friends, and it was just so nice to see him be able to play with another dog, safely, without me fearing so much for his safety. I brought Danny in to see the sheep. The other day he "saw" the sheep, meaning that he looked at them, put his ears up and was interested.

On this day, I brought him in on leash, as I set him down, the sheep turned away and started walking off. He followed. Then, as we got closer the sheep made a break back to the gate with Danny in hot pursuit. I swept him up just before he got to them. This boy has no fear, that I can see. So, yes, he is interested in sheep, though this has absolutely no meaning to how he will do later.

He is an endearing little guy, and has a confident, thinking air about him. This morning I was able to let him toddle about with the dogs in the house. He is more interested in the cat toy/tree, than anything. He likes the cat. Lucy played a bit with him, with me closely supervising (CLOSELY that is), and Kylie remained calm and cool. He was good. Slowly, he is getting acclimated, and so are the rest of the pack.

He slept 8 hours last night. This is great, I mean GREAT. It helps me so much to be able to get good sleep. I am one of those people who needs two things: Food and Sleep, and then I am good- just like, I am told, as when I was a baby :)

So, today my nephew and sister are coming over, so Danny gets to meet more people. This is great. They will love him.

Danny goes for his second set of shots on Friday- and a weight- I've no idea what he weighs. He is a good healthy thin, but not too thin.

No comments: