Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I am tired

When I got Lucy, she was 13 weeks, and EASY PEASY. It was July and she could be outside all the time. I was also three years (almost) younger. Apparently in the past three years, I have aged a LOT. Rab (for now, that's his name, not sure if I am going to stick with it), is doing well, but he IS a wee lad, and he needs to be treated as such. Lots of trips outside, and being that maybe his crate was wet from something other than saliva... he needs even more trips. The trips aren't bad, but being a baby, he still wants my company all the time. No real down time for me, and I *really* need down time. But, I think I figured out part of why I am so exhausted- I am dehydrated- just not drinking enough. I learned this by downing an 8 oz glass of water this morning like it was nothing. So, I have begun to rectify that.

Last night Sir Rab woke up at 4 something, and since I am worried about him having to go when he gets up, I brought him outside. It was an almost full moon (new gibbous) and I thought, at first, that my neighbor had left his flood light on! Wow. Didn't need a light to navigate outside. So, after he emptied his bladder, back in we went. Almost asleep, then Kylie pukes. loudly. Just bile, but very vehement in it's action. Then, Tucker gags. Then Mr Chips gets up and walks through the house meowing. Remember, this is now sometime between 4 and 5. I finally dragged myself out of bed at almost 6. Outside we went. It's so funny- Sir Rab has to stretch his little body out, but there are divots, and he sort of tips over in them...

When it's time for my shower, I bring the lad with me into the bathroom. I don't want him crated again- he will fuss LOUDLY if left outside. I don't know why... Lucy is there with him. Oh, wait, I know why- he bothers her so much she gets off the deck, and he is stranded up there alone. But, I digress. He is happy as can be in that bathroom when I get ready.

So, then it's time to get ready. Nikke has proven that she *really* does not have patience for the boy, so I have to put him outside- well, no, can't do that anymore- he was so loud this morning, I just can't have that... He will have to be crated when I am doing my morning get ready/chores.

Before I was leaving for work, I had the pup outside one last time, and as I opened the door to go in, Mr Chips had taken off, and run down the deck stairs, and as walking briskly along the fence. He knew I was coming to get him, but, in true cat fashion, he maintained his course. Well, Mr. Rab was a help. He ran ahead of the kitty and stopped him- just walked up to him and touched his nose. Now, it would have been really easy to just chase the kitty, but instead he did his duty in helping me. Good lad.

So, that, in a nut shell is what has been happening at my place lately. I can't wait to work sheep again, and drink more water. Basic things, but ooooh so important!

1 comment:

BCxFour said...

You could always change his name to "Clint". Now I have that name stuck in my head and drooled over Clint Black in the video below. Clint would be a good sheepdog name! LOL