Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Civic duty and all that

I have been on call for Federal jury duty, and yesterday, I got called up. First, I had to find the place- it was a 1.25 hour trip each way. I went to the court house, got in the security check line, and was told I was in the wrong court house. Great. So, I head out along with another person who erred in the same fashion. We finally made it to the right court house, and we all convened (all three hundred of us) in a large room. Where we sat. For hours. They picked just sixty of us, and the other 240 of us stayed put. All day long. Finally, at about 4:00 we were dismissed. What a complete waste of a day. I am very happy I didn't get selected, because it would have been a real pain to have to travel there all day, and get dog sitting for the pup.

As it was, I didn't eat dinner last night, I was just too tired. My friend came over and took care of Danny for me, and he was just fine when I got home. That was a great thing :) This morning Danny played for a long time with Lucy and then we took a trip to run outside. I am still whooped from yesterday.

So, I am off the hook for another four years- WAHOO!!!!!!

No comments: