Saturday, December 6, 2008

What have we here?

This morning I awoke with a MONDO headache. This is from me doing lots of physical work during the day, and all the driving I did this week. My neck is just toast after some surgeries, and I am a chiro's dream- we won't go there. Anyway, it all causes me to get massive headaches as well as just painful in the upper back. So, I took a long hot shower this morning, and then two Aleve. No working sheep today- can't handle the drive. So, I did the next best thing- ran errands - wahoo.

I first headed out to Tractor Supply for sheep feed and bird seed. I forgot to tell them, but their infestation with grain beetles, is almost biblical in proportion. GROSS. I shook off the bags the best I could. Since the sheep feed was 50 lbs- and I got two of them, BAM comes on the headache- ahh, the good old days- NOT.

Then I dashed over to the MALL. It wasn't too busy, and I was able to find and buy some new jeans in record time. Then I went to a few other places, and finally got home a couple hours later.

What do I see when I get home? This. I can't believe it. Actually, I can. I saw this guy roaming near a horse farm just the other side of a field from my house. It was odd. When I drove in, he was leaning against my fence, and then, when I went out to check (and take the pic) he had squished himself down to hide. But, when he saw the flash he bolted and looked rather like the Road Runner in form. Hmmm. So, last weekend the Cooper's Hawk, and this weekend a Ring Neck Pheasant. I hope he isn't some one's pet- if he is still around tomorrow, I may try and catch the big guy.

1 comment:

Darci said...

looks like your place is becoming a reglar bird sanctuary. cool....
hope ya get rid of that headache