Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Lucy et al

Lucy and I worked sheep again. It was good. I kept one CW sister in there just to keep things interesting. Lucy did very well. Every outrun was spot on, and every lift was just right. She came in right- even corrected herself once. She came in with force, but finesse- this yielded nice fetching. Still have to work on her pace- getting up slower, but, alas, I suspect this will be long term home work... But, there are worse things. We also held out for a few other dogs. Lucy is starting to get good at this, and I trust her. It's nice to help out others.

I took a couple of videos. The one is of Lucy doing a simple pick up off the draw. What I like about this video, is that one of the CW sisters makes a quick appearance at the end. Interesting eh ;) I picked that music, because I like Warren Zevon :)
The other video is of a nice red BC girl, who is in for training. She is a nice outrunner, and has pretty good listening ears. She is also quite a sweety off sheep. You will see Lucy setting out just at the beginning of the video. Oh, I picked THAT song because I thought it fit well with the scene :)

Enjoy :)



2 comments:

Darci said...

I have dial up and it takes toooooo long to load even short vids, ( I miss so much!) but any day workin dogs is a good day. Glad to hear Lucy is coming along and progressing for you. I know what a great feeling that is!

Dancing shepherdess said...

I just wrote what you wrote to my friend. I said "It's all good when you work good dogs on a good day". I think that should be my signature..

Something about a dog maturing, and having good experience, makes it oooh so nice to work them.

Did you check out that Cotswold at the end of Lucy's vid? They are nutters I tell you!

Dial up stinky-winky. Do they have optimum online down there? It rocks. All three services in one.

I do love Lucy. Hey, that sounds like the blog title.... Aaa DUH!

Thanks for writing, nice to know someone is checking on us :)