Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas Part 1

Last night was a special night- not just because it was Christmas Eve, a time when my family gets together and enjoys one another's company, it's a time to reflect, and realize just how wonderful it is to have family. My nephews are growing so fast. Every year they do a small skit for our family- each nephew recites some prose, and then they all sing together. They have been doing this now for 9 years. It started with everyone in matching pajamas, but now, as they are getting much older, it's just their normal duds. This year was special. One of my nephews did a solo on his clarinet. And, the oldest nephew led the group in song, instead of my mother cuing them. When the kids FINALLY got to open their gifts, it was the just a little calmer- the boys are bigger now, and they enjoy each gift because of the fact that someone thought of them, and not just that they GOT something. Hugs abounded. It was so lovely. I love my family, and I am so grateful that I have them all so close to me.

When I returned home, the dogs were very happy to see me (no gifts for them yet, because it was late- will do that later today). My cats too were happy, but just because I am the person who feeds them, and gives them a nice pillow to sleep on. I did pull out the bed I bought for the cats, and put it on the bed next to my pillow. Both cats sniffed it with some suspicion. I thought it was a dud gift, until this morning, when I awoke to find Ms. Ginger sound asleep, all curled up in it. It is a perfect size for her, and she is cozy warm in it. She stirred at one point, and stretched her leg out to touch me- I think she wanted to give me props for such a great gift... Anyway, it is a big hit. She deserves it, let me tell you.


This is part one in a two, or three part series. I will be back....

No comments: