Friday, December 19, 2008

Waaaa is me (and Kylie)

So, I felt a bit stuffy yesterday morning. As of last night, full blown cold. YUCK. I blame this on work- everyone was sick, and now this bug has mutated enough to smack me down. I don't usually GET sick. I was always my mother's shining example of how healthy her kids could be (my sibs not so lucky). I will be fine, but it annoys me.

I watched Top Chef last night; it was the episode with Martha Stewart. I love Martha, well, no, I don't love her, but I do really like her strength, and that she came from meager beginnings, and is quite talented in all things home-ec. It was good. She was one of the judges on the quick fire challenge, and she was as tough as you would expect. Cool. They didn't send anyone packing last night, since pretty much everyone's food stunk, and it was the holiday season of giving....

The night before last I noticed my Kelpie Kylie would not get on the bed. Lucy always growls when she does, and I was hoping nothing had happened between those two to make it more tense. Anyway, she stayed off. Last night, she did get on the bed- carefully.

This morning she did not want to come up the stairs of the deck to come in. She would go up to the base of the steps, circle a few times, and then finally did it. As I got ready for work this morning, I felt her back- actually, held my hand a few inches from her (this is a Reiki thing I was taught, and is very effective). Anyway, she has a lot of heat on her left flank. YEARS ago when she had to have emergency surgery for some inedible dog bones/cotton batting stuck in her stomach/intestines, the vet said then, that she had arthritis in her back- which I dismissed because she doesn't show any issue. Well, I suppose it's problem now. I am going to give her a Rimadyl when I get home today, and hope that helps.

They are forecasting 12-16" of snow today into tomorrow. YUCK. I still have some more Christmas shopping to do, so I am not sure when that will happen. After we get this snow, it's not supposed to warm up any time soon, so we won't be working sheep for a long time. Oh well. I am sure the sheep won't mind :)

2 comments:

BCxFour said...

Egads....12 - 16 MORE inches? You guys really are getting slammed over there! I thought we had it bad in the puget sound region. *sigh*

Just think of all the really great Kelpie in Snow pictures you can get?

Unknown said...

Have you had a chance to talk to your vet about any type of alternatives to Rimadyl? Be sure you know all of the side effects of Rimadyl before give it to your dog.

Side effects of Rimadyl

Geng Daddi