Monday, December 15, 2008

Do you understand the words that are coming out of my mouth?

This is a clip from the movie "Rush Hour". Just after Jackie Chan comes down the ramp, Chris Tucker tries to communicate with him. One of my most FAVORITE movie scenes is when Chris gets frustrated at no response from Jackie, and he says, loudly "Do YOU understand the words that are coming out of my mouth??" Then, look at Jackie Chan's response. The rest of the scene is extremely funny!

What's really funny about that to me, is that is a phrase I think we probably all have had occasion to use when working our dogs- you know, when you ask for something, and they ignore you, like they don't speak your language :) Go ahead, watch it- it's right at the beginning of the clip, and yes, I think you will agree- apropos for sheep dog work :)

No comments: