Monday, December 22, 2008

Still alive...

Wow, what a cold. The entire weekend was lost. Didn't do a blessed thing. Made it to work today, and after work was able to finish my Christmas shopping (Hallelujah).
I made a few different stops, and one was to JC Penney to return something that I bought that did not work. I noticed LOTS of men shopping, I assume for their wives. The stuff they were buying!!!! YICK! I think it would behoove the men out there to bring a woman with them when they shop. These two guys each had a pair of bright pink slippers (bright is not nearly adequate to describe the eye squinting effect emanating off them). One of them also had this cheap sweater with a built in tie/belt. Double ick. It was the cheap stuff too. I feel for these wives...

Okay, so I got my shopping finished, and headed home- but on the way I stopped by Rite Aid for some cough medicine. Of course I shopped a bit, and found a HUGE stuffed bone for the dogs, and a bed for the cats- 50% off :) Cool.

When I got home I went through the mail. In there is my annual Christmas package from Lucy's breeder in Australia :))) She sent me this awesome calendar with Lucy's mum, brother and her brother's daughter, which is the spitting image of Lucy. Her name is Possum (LOVE the name!). Lucy's breeder is one of the nicest people I will ever meet. We have remained very good friends since we "met" regarding me getting a pup from her litter. She is a real salt of the earth lady, and I am fortunate to call her my friend.

So, not much more time now. My family gets together on Christmas eve to open presents and eat tons of finger foods (we celebrate Norwegian style), and just relax. Christmas eve is very special in our family. Christmas day is a wonderful dinner (fresh ham) and it rocks, every single time. I am so lucky to live near my family.

Well, off to chill out for a bit, and then take my Nyquil :)

1 comment:

Darci said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS JULIE!
HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT DAY!
DARCI