Sunday, December 7, 2008

Still here

The Pheasant is still here- though now not on my property. He is actively foraging. It's so odd. I hope he stays away from the gomers up the road- they will shoot him for yuk-yuks.

This morning I awoke pretty early, delusional about working sheep. It didn't seem that bad, but when I returned home from my trip to the grocery store, I noted that the roads were slick, and it was getting windier and windier. They forecast 50 mph winds. That is a real no go for working sheep. So, I elected to stay home.

Before I left for the grocery store, I made my signature pancakes. I wasn't going to, but then, I felt like, what the heck! I need some nutrition... Might as well be something I like! I am not ashamed to say that they come from a mix. My mother always said that there's no shame using a mix, if it tastes better than what you could make- so, I live by that ideology :)



It's Aunt Jemima Original. Do yourself a favor and go and get a box and try it. One cup of the mix makes about 12 pancakes- which is 8 more than I can eat :) Suffice to say the dogs make out well on pancake day.

I just through some seed/nuts out for Mr Pheasant- let's hope he stays safe.

1 comment:

BCxFour said...

I was kinda worried when I first saw the pan - before I looked closely (and put on my glasses) I thought maybe you were frying the poor pheasant. *sad*

Thankfully it was pancakes! *smile*