Friday, November 21, 2008

YIKES it's cold!

Sixteen degrees this morning. WOW. That's EXTREMELY cold for November. Me thinks my plan of using much less oil may have a fly in the proverbial ointment... Darn.
Well, one thing, is the dogs complete their morning constitutionals in record time, no lolly-gagging around for them! I would like to work Lucy on sheep this weekend, but man, it's cold out there. She is fine, but I get chilly- especially if their is wind.
We'll see.

I cannot WAIT for that movie "Australia" to hit the screens this Thanksgiving- I am SO there. I LOVE epic movies, and this has gotten very good reviews, as well as teaching me a bit about Australian history, so, right up my alley!

Today I would love to walk around the mall, and shop- hee hee- if I had any $$ I would :) I will have to do as usual, and ear mark items in catalogs to "some day" buy, which means never. Oh well. Some day, maybe three years from now? Things will be much better. Just gotta hang on until then.

I have purchased a more affordable food for the Kelpies (not Tucker, he gets Taste of the Wild- it's the only thing he does extremely well on), and they seem to be doing well. I can get 35 lbs of this food for $27.00, and that's a HECK of a lot better than the 20 lbs for $26+ for the California Natural I was buying. PLUS they seem to look very good on it.

Kitten was FUNNY last night. He was being bad and scratching at my lazy boy chair (which Ginger started, so I can't blame him). Anyway, I yelled at him to stop, and Kylie, my enforcer ran up and stopped him- she's helpful that way :) Anyway, he stopped, and body blocked her. As if to say "Oh, you don't scare me- take That!". Then, he ran into the bedroom; ran right up to Nikke, and rolled on his back and started pawing her feet. He's one Cheeky fellow that kitten. To top off this antics last night, as I walked into the spare room to check something, he was sitting on a dog crate- saw me, leaped off, and came right to in front of me, and rolled onto his back and flailed about- it's his usual game (see previous post). He purred along as he did this flailing. Too funny. When we were all settling in for the night, he got right between Kylie and Lucy and curled up and went to sleep, sleeping with his pack. Someone forgot to tell him that he is a cat.

No comments: