Monday, November 17, 2008

All hail the domestic goddess

Yeah, well, it's true!!!!! Sunday was markedly colder than Sat. I was tentatively going to work Lucy, but then house hold work got in the way...

I got up, made myself come great coffee and pancakes (they work well as leftovers too you know!). After that, I decided to move some furniture around. I have been meaning to do it for a loooong time. So, I unloaded the hutch, moved it back the living room, cleaned the heck out of it, and replaced all the collectibles. So, that being done, I could now move the dresser and Parakeets back in their original place. Of course, that included cleaning everything as well. Then, the dog crates got re-arranged. I still have more to do on that front- as in processing/storing/throwing out ancillary items, but it looks much better now.

Then, I headed out to the market, and and some food for dinner. When I arrived home, I got up on the roof, and cleaned out the gutters. It's a yearly job, and necessary to avoid ice dams. So, all done with that, I then put away/replaced screens and picked up the yard.

After that, I cooked an AMAZING steak, baked potato, and peas. The steak turned out just perfectly. I even had a little left over for the dogs.

After THAT, I made chocolate chip cookies. MMMM MMMM MMMM. They were great- not too thick, a little crispy, and best served with a glass of cold milk.

After that, I decided to chill (it was now about 6:00) and I watched some "Little People, Big World" re-runs.

Also, Lucy appears to have finally gotten rid of her UTI- praise Jesus!

No comments: