Saturday, November 29, 2008

Aaaah, Agility

Today I went to an agility trial held at a horse farm 5 mins from my house. I wasn't entered, but since it was so close, I thought I would re-connect with old friends. It was a very nice time, and I got a bit wistful, remembering all the fun times I have had running my girls in agility. I actually think I may get back into it as a sort of side line. First thing in the morning I ended up scribing for masters pairs- no biggy, but I forgot what the hand signals were, so I had to use the crib sheet (that's embarrassing). After that we chatted with some friends, and then I ended up grilling hot dogs and hamburgers for the attendees. After that I brought Lucy in to watch a bit. She was mildly interested when she saw a dog run up the teeter, but not like Kylie or Nikke are. I think she was wondering where the FREAKIN' sheep are??? Well, Ms Lucy, no sheep today! We have to broaden our horizons! It was a bit chilly, but we had blankets and propane heaters to keep us warm.

I think I will get back into it.... Maybe sign Lucy up for a winter class somewhere... But, I won't run her on concrete with matts, so that may limit us. I am sure Kylie would love to play again- and maybe if I can keep Nikke sound- she can do it too :) I am really glad I took the break. I needed it. I am not ultra-competitive, and when things start becoming all about the "Q" I am SO outa there!

Weather forecast calls for snow tomorrow (BAH HUMBUG). I may go back and help at the trial tomorrow, or I may just stay home and veg.. We shall see :)

Hope you are all having a nice weekend!

No comments: