Friday, November 14, 2008

Wet, cold, boring

Well, this week has been all of the above. November is okay when you have a football game to go to, and maybe some tailgating :) Or, perhaps a sheepdog trial... Best part of November, by far, for me is Thanksgiving. I have always loved this Holiday. Far and away better (for me) than Christmas. We have it pretty well down to a science- the prep work. My nephews have taken over some of our duties, so that's nice. My mother is quite a wonderful cook/baker, you name it. Her signature dishes are roasts. For Thanksgiving we have: Turkey, mashed potatoes, candied sweet potatoes, mixed veggies, stuffing (this is my FAV!!!), cranberry sauce (ick), fresh rolls, olives- I think that's it.. Then we have apple or pumpkin pie for desert. Of course the pie crust is all home made too. It is a lot of work for my mother, but clearly, she is the best cook in the family, so all the girls help out, but it stays at my parent's place. Plus, they have the biggest house :) I can't imagine having Thanksgiving at my place, not for the whole family...

So, that's my feeling on November. It isn't a particularly fun month, but there are a couple of fun things that do occur :)

Lucy's still got this urine leaking thing going on. The culture that the vet plated did not grow a thing- but then again she is on Clavamox. So, vet suggested I put her on PPA for now to see if things tighten up. This morning only a few wet spots in the bathroom- no ponds or lakes. She also got into the shower with me. Too funny! I think she was not liking the driplets of urine, and of course the shower is clean :)
She feels/acts fine, so let's hope this UTI was just a real doozy, and it just took longer to clear up.

Tomorrow we may be going to a sheepdog trial in Ct. Not sure, because I only sent my entry in Weds, so I shall have to verify that I can go today! Lucy will love to work sheep again (we have been off since last weekend). I expect her to behave like an adult, and workwoman-like. The minute I see less, we walk off.

There is one more trial this year, that we may go to, but we will see. Then, it's nothing but training. That's not a bad thing!!!!

I think the next post or two I shall have to get some photos up, this blog is looking mighty un-interesting!

1 comment:

Darci said...

Love the new pic of Lucy!