Sunday, November 2, 2008

Worked sheep again!

Wow! That makes, um, 5 times this week? No biggy, except when you consider I have done more driving than my back allows. Yep, my back is not a happy camper. I think it's a combination of a weakening seat back in my car, and a weak back too. So, today, no long drives! I guess that means none for Lucy either- in the form of sheep work!

Lucy's work yesterday was good. I swear it feels like both of us have had brain transplants; we are so much calmer and collected. I never feel hurried, I feel like I have so much more confidence in my dog, and my dog is behaving so calmly, so workmanlike, that I believe we look different, and goodness knows, with my latent learning, this must be true!

I heard from the folks who are keen to have me put sheep on their property- they have had the fields brush hogged, so today I will head out and pace out where the fence will be, so I can calculate how much I need.

I also have to spend some time either mowing, or working inside the house, and maybe look at new carpet options for the house. Lots to do- let's see what I actually DO.

No comments: