Monday, November 24, 2008

Monday before a Holiday :)

Thanksgiving is finally just about here. It's my favorite (and my dog's) Holiday. The food has always been good. Yep, my entire life I have eaten at the same place, same time, and the same food, and every single year I look forward to it with extreme anticipation, mixed with a major need for sweet potatoes, stuffing, turkey, and apple and pumpkin pie (among other items). I help out each year, along with my sister, and now my nephews have gotten their hands in too, by pulling the bread apart for stuffing, and helping with rolling out the dough for the pies, as well as peeling those apples. It's really a lovely affair. Some how my mother puts it together each year so that everything is ready at the same time, and everything tastes perfect. I think I may have gotten some of her good cooking genes, but she really is unsurpassed in the cooking/baking department. She also makes some KICK BUTT Norwegian cookies- which take real skill, and patience (I don't have that gene). I shall have to get pics of the spread this year just so you all can see what I am talking about...

Yesterday I decided to shoot some pics of November at my place. In the tree shot, can you spy the Mourning Dove? Every year about this time, they start hanging around my house, sitting on that branch, willing me to put the bird feeder out.

The next shot is just an obligatory of Lucy chewing her new Nylabone




2 comments:

Darci said...

Hey! Happy Thanksgiving!
Have a great Day with Family and Food!
I liked the new wiget and thought Id try it myself, thanks for finding it, it might be fun!

Dancing shepherdess said...

I like it, but it kind of makes me a bit nervous, and dubious. First, who are all these people reading my blog- and where in the world are some of these countries???