Sunday, November 2, 2008

An efficient day

This morning, let's face it, I just wasn't feeling to energetic. I forgot about the time change, so got up a bit early- thankfully the cable modem re-sets automatically... Anyway, I made a nice breakfast of crepes, and really REALLY good coffee, and just sat around a bit. I ended up calling and chatting with a good friend in Australia. She told me about some recent trials she had attended, and gave me some updates on things going on with her life, and those around her. She's a great lady, and one of the reasons I would love to visit Australia. Doesn't hurt that she bred Lucy's father, and I am wholly indebted to her for what her boy helped produce in Lucy. Anyway, after I got off the phone, I decided I best get moving...

So, I mowed the lawn one last time. Surprisingly enough there wasn't a mouse nest under the engine shroud, so I didn't have to take the darn thing apart before I started it. BUT, there WERE mice in the shed. A whole train of them departed single file along the wall when I started the mower. I think I counted 4? Well, at least I didn't accidentally grind them up in the motor- maybe they are getting smart? Who knows.

So, I mowed the lawn, and then decided to get that fence put in. I grabbed my handy post driver, the posts, and went to work. Got everything done, and it's not bad- well, considering I don't have a fence stretcher, it's good. After that, I raked some leaves, and lots of them. Then, I stopped for lunch/dinner. Phew. Okay, one last thing- make a trip to the possible sheep property. It was just brush hogged, and they wanted me to check it out- and I wanted to pace it out, just so I could see about how much fence I would need. I will put up a separate post with the pics, because for some reason I can't seem to put the photos where I want when there is text in the post... So, anyway, I am done for now- I may clean, but I doubt it. Chillin' out, I think is the way to go.

No comments: