Saturday, November 8, 2008

Pain pain pain

Hmmm. Pretty negative title eh? Well, that sums me up today. No silly, I am not the pain, I am IN pain! My lower back woke me up this morning at about 2:30, it was hurting enough that it woke me up. My neck is completely tweaked- tight, and miserable. Basically my axial skeleton is just a train wreck. Took some Aleve- even though I shouldn't as I am on a Rx pain reliever, but if I want to get anything done today, I need it!

My Boxer boy Tucker's neck is swollen. He has an enlarged lymph node that upon aspiration came back equivocal for lymphoma. He has no other swollen glands, but this one has gotten a fair bit larger. He looks like he is wearing a shroud around the base of his neck, so I believe it may be lymph edema... This will mean we have to do general surgery and remove it. I HATE that given that he is 12. I called the vet, and will wait to hear back. I would prefer them take him in, and do the surgery then, rather than two appointments. But, I will do what they ask.

Lucy is finally putting the weight back, and appears just about her normal weight. I had to double what I was feeding her to get it back on. I WISH Canidae hadn't messed with their formulation.

I have to try and work on the fence today, but if I am still hurting, I may just only move the wood, and do the fence tomorrow. I should leave it, but it looks like such a mess, I won't. And, now that I have a camera set up to catch you know who vandalizing it, I am prepared for what he does.

No comments: