Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Life goes on, yep, it sure does

So, now we are almost in the middle of November. It's getting very chilly out there, and the darn furnace is kicking on (darn it!). But, all's comfy in the house.

I am planning on running Lucy in a couple of trials coming up (non-usbcha) so we shall see if our maturity is there. I know this- the minute that tail twists, or the minute she slices, we are done. I have seen the competency of this dog, and I will not take less than 100% correct work from her. I hope we do well, and re-gather some of our pride.

Things on the sheep property front are moving along. Spoke with the owner last night, and it looks like now it's just the fencing I need to concern myself with. Got to get estimates, and then we talk again. I would like ultimately to get the perimeter fence up, and then use e-net to break up where they are. That DREADED e-net. OH HOW I HATE IT. Well, I don't hate the fence, I hate having to move it. I am lacking a specific gene that allows one to roll it up, and move it without it becoming one tangled mess.

Lucy still has this weird urine leaking problem. She did have a uti, but the last urinalysis came back clear. Now, who knows what. If it doesn't clear up by Friday (when we get the results of the culture and sensitivity), it's on to an ultra-sound. Vet is concerned maybe it's either a false pregnancy, or God forbid, a Pyometra. I wanted to breed her this fall, but that never happened. Know of any top Kelpies on the east coast of the USA? I know that having announced this now, that the snipers will all get all prickly in their joy for having something nasty to say, but so be it. I don't think I could get a better working Kelpie in the north east USA at this point... But, if I have to spay her, that would extremely, unconscionably stink. If that happens, I will be getting another Kelpie from Erin toute suite. This country could do well with more of her dogs.

No comments: