Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Sheepherding 101

In the two pictures below, you will see my Lucy wearing sheep. Wearing sheep, simply put, means to wear, or push the sheep to you. Your dog rates, when he/she learns to adjust his/her pace appropriately, without pushing the sheep too hard. Sometimes, you wear sheep away, say, you want to separate one sheep from the group. You would have your dog single that sheep, and then wear it away from the flock.









So, that said, Lucy says that wearing is for newbies, and although she will do this, she really would prefer to drive the sheep where they need to go. Like this:


2 comments:

Darci said...

Lookin' Good! I have a kelpie on my grooming books for thurday. Kinda interested to meet her! Not a breed I get to see often.

Dancing shepherdess said...

COOOOOOOOL! You and I have to get together to work dogs- then you can see my Lucy work- and you will learn to love that short coat!!!!