Tuesday, November 1, 2011

I keep meaning to post more often, but......... Anyway, I am trying to remember what's been happening for the past week. Not too much. Been working the dogs, and handling stuff at the house. This Saturday night we got a big storm. We got about 12" at the farm. The day before I set up the barn room so that they could go in through the sheep door (it's basically a BIG dog door) if they so chose during the storm. Saturday night I was psyched, as the new show "The Amazing Dr. Pol" was on at 9:00. It's about an older large animal vet and his cases... Well, we lost power at about 4:00. Power did not come back on until 24 hours later. That night it was cold in the house, but survivable. I drove up to my parents in the morning to get coffee and a shower. After that, I headed to the farm just up the road, and I did not see the sheep. They were in the back 40 - Dan flushed them out- what a good boy. I checked the barn- yes, they had been in there. I fed everyone and we headed home.

On the way home, I stopped by John and the Scottish Highlanders had come down from their back field, just as he had predicted. So, we gave them a round bale, and I also fed the sheep another bale. Something about animals not having hay at all times in the winter or when no grass, bothers me.... So, anyway, that was done. I went home for a bit but could not relax. It was 46 degrees F in the house and I was just frozen. Went back to my parent's house for a nice roast chicken dinner (their power had been off, but they got it back) and as we watched football, my dad called my house and told me my machine came back on! I had to call myself to be SURE. So, I went home... On the way, my car antenna hit a branch and it flew off to God knows where. So, now I have to get a new antenna. Stopped by the junk yard the other day, and no Ford Escapes there, so will stop by a parts place today....

Sunday night when my house was warm, I slept like a baby. It was amazing. I worked Dan a bit yesterday, just to keep him fresh- for what I don't know- I don't think any surprise trials are coming up ;)

Last night I slept like a rock. The difference in my mood when I actually GET sleep, is incredible.

This week I head up to a friend's to work Danny on shedding and then, this weekend will get more hay. Time marches on, time marches on....

Here is video on Sunday morning on way to farm...


Here is video feeding the cattle - the last zoom in is of this year's first born bull calf.

No comments: