Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Selfishness

If there is one thing that gets my goat, it's selfishness. Everyone has it to some degree- it's part of how we humans survive, but then there are those who are bestowed, it appears, with an extra dose of "gimmee gimmee gimmee". I can tell you there are myriad of things I would like and many things I need, but I would not ask for people to give me money to do these things. The sheep thing, I love what I am doing, but it costs a boat load of money, and it is tough. Owning a house is tough. Owing money is part and parcel of living in the USA, and it really stinks.

Besides those who deign to solicit funds, there are those who cannot seem to wrap their heads around thinking about others, and maybe once a year, others who are in need come to their mind and maybe then, they may write about it, but that's really just a wee break from the "me me me me" disease.

Isn't what I do cool? Isn't my place cool? Isn't what I did cool? Do you think? If you give me money, I could do more and I could be cooler! Just hit this little button, and you can be part of my success. Not that you really are, of course, but you can feel like you are! Egads, it's like a bad scene of a tv evangelist preaching for money from you so you can get to the promised land. How people who do this solicitation for money and constantly go on and on about themselves, sleep at night is beyond me.

One thing you will not see from me is 1) a donate button 2) Speeches about how cool my life is and doncha want to be part of it- if so, go back to #1. I hope that what I write is a little more than that, a little less commercial and a bit more real. A romantic I am not. Once you hit the far side of 40, that happens.


Okay, rant done!

No comments: