Sunday, May 16, 2010

Working dogs, up early

After work yesterday, I worked dogs. Lucy is just not normal. She's doing stupid stuff, like zinging sheep off a fence, and her lift has all but disappeared. She's weak, and that's not like her. I didn't work her much yesterday, but she desperately wants to, so I did a bit. She did not eat breakfast yesterday, and when I gave her part of a buttered hard roll, she tried to bury it.

Danny did okay. Well, better than okay. He ran the entire length of the field on an away outrun, running FAST and checking in on his sheep. It was a thing of beauty. But, then we moved around the field and he was not so good. He doesn't generalize well... But, I have to remember, Danny took a long time to get to go AROUND sheep, so this is to be expected....

I came home and made a nice steak dinner with chocolate chip cookies for dessert. I did not sleep more than about 1 hour last night. I was upset about Lucy's work. She's definitely just not right.

Today I plan to clean a bit, and then finish working in the barn to clean up the piles I made, and maybe work dogs. It depends on my energy level.

No comments: