Tuesday, May 25, 2010

One thing done

After work yesterday, I headed up to the farm to help my brother extend the fence for the steers. Four hours later, we got it done. Lucy was a champ while we worked, just hung out. Oh, she was interested in the chickens, but I think she wanted to herd them, not eat them. At one point my brother's friend and I were talking and a chicken came up, and Lucy just stared intently at it. All of a sudden I heard the Chicken squawk, and said "Jeez, the dog's been there all along, why now get freaked out?" Mark replied "She lifted a paw a little". Ha ha! That's a great training chicken!

Apparently Lucy made quite the impression on the steers, because when my brother called them to go to their newly opened up area, they were hesitant to do so, because of Lucy, never mind that she was not even in the pasture, but on the other side of the fence, some fifty feet away.

When I got home, I did chores, had a peanut butter and strawberry preserve sandwich, and hit the hay. Just so tired. Am still very tired today. Still need to work the dogs, and talk with chainsaw guy. But, I got one thing done.

No comments: