Monday, May 10, 2010

Sleepy, but good day

Sunday I didn't get work done at the farm. Suffice to say I got up early, did chores, and then back in bed. I was just really tired (I wonder why!?). I finally did leave, and stop at the farm, and my parent's place, and then I headed out to work sheep.

Lucy is working well, but very tired. VERY tired after just a couple outruns. She wants to work, but she isn't feeling well, I can tell. I had to move some ewes/lambs and a ram with her. She did very well. Not a problem. She listened well, and nobody got crabby- so that means she didn't pressure them too much, which is exactly what she needs to do.

Danny did well. We didn't work too long, and mainly, we are working on just left sided outruns. This time he knew exactly what to do each time he came up on the lift. Quick study that boy. I did only one right sided outrun, and it was good. He got up to the top, and sat, and I asked him in. He generally only sits when he is tired, or unsure, so going from lots of it to only once, well, that's an improvement!

I am so pleased that Danny's brain is engaging now. Phew. I think he may just make it.

Lucy wouldn't eat her food last night, so I gave her some of that refrigerated "Fresh Pets" food, and she ate that with gusto. She also ate her breakfast this morning, so that's all good. Let's pray things continue to improve.

No comments: