Friday, May 7, 2010

Fence (again), Lucy

After work yesterday, I had an appointment with Lucy at the vet, and I also wanted to get *something* done at the farm. I got there, and immediately started on the barbed wire. Yuck. The spool of it is SO heavy, that I strained my wrist, and my mid back muscles heaving it a few feet at a time. I had good thick gloves on, but still, it's not fun to work with. I have to get some crimpers because I cut it a bit short from the next wooden post (figures).

I have a guy (supposedly) coming today to put it in, and also pound in posts for the chute and get the fence up, but we shall see if he actually shows up, some how, I doubt it. Whatever, I can do it myself, if I must.

I then went to the vet with Lucy. Vet doesn't believe it is her teeth that is bothering her, rather, that something else, maybe tick borne. She tested her for Anaplasmosis/Lyme, but that came back negative. She also drew blood for her pre-dental check, so maybe that will enlighten us. Whatever it is, she sure is hesitant to eat her food. She does it very gingerly. She also fell asleep in the exam room at the vet's yesterday, which is not like her.

This morning she ate her food, only after trying to figure out how to, if you know what I mean. I just don't know. Blood work will be back today, so I will call and see.

Well, that's all for now.

No comments: