Friday, May 7, 2010

I can't believe it.

The guy showed up, right on time and he was a GREAT worker. He's an un-employed electrician. He was born in Ireland, just a neat little detail on him. He worked very hard, and I did not have to supervise. Can you believe that? He got all the barbed wire installed, but did not have enough to quite finish, so my job will be to search for un-used barbed wire on the farm, and use it :) He also helped me put up the fence chute, the outside, to the barn, so now, if the sheep get out of the pasture, they can head RIGHT for the barn....

Which leads me to what ELSE I did... I cleaned out the barn. Made a garbage pile, consolidated wood, and swept the garbage/soil/detritus up into piles. I made it down to the cement. This will be great for the sheep (all ages).

It was a very productive day, and I feel like I can actually sleep now.

On the Lucy front, her blood work came back normal, but the vet still suspects a tick borne disease, so we are going to start treating her tomorrow. She has a hard time chewing her food- only opens her jaw so far. Won't eat her small morning biscuit. She still plays but wears out fast. And, of course at the vet yesterday, she fell asleep in the exam room (VERY out of character).

Tomorrow I have to work, and then hit the apple blossom festival. Our church serves the BEST bratwurst, and potato salad. After that, I will try and get the lawn mowed, if the rain holds off.

Sunday I may work the dogs. Next week the chain saw guy comes out and we get down to business!

My left arm aches from getting back into the swing of working and my mid-back hurts from that lifting I stupidly did yesterday.

Going to sign off now, gotta watch my Golden Girls :)

1 comment:

Karen said...

Don't know how long Lucy has been dealing with the mouth thing, but just wanted to throw this out there. Our dog had a retrobulbar abcess behind the eye. The only symptoms for the first couple of days were difficulty eating, not seeming to want to open the mouth fully. The swelling on the head didn't show up right away.
Good luck to her:)