Sunday, May 23, 2010

Communication and Worming

Lucy and I went to Pet Palooza yesterday. It was a nice small affair, and there were a lot of different breeds of dogs. Lucy was extremely well behaved. It's so odd. I never trained her to behave like she does, she just does. When we stop and talk, she would go and lay under a chair or a table. She was also friendly to everyone; most especially the animal communicator. She did a reading and told me that Lucy told her that she felt she was my Champion. That I would agree with- that Lucy thinks of herself a champion- watch her work, and you will see what I mean ;)

Today was a busy day. First, it started out with washing curtains, and putting them back up (I hate this job) and then a wee bit of coffee. As I sat drinking my morning coffee, I heard the distinctive sound of baby birds in the Parakeet cage. Once you've heard baby birds make the sound for food, you don't forget it. How exciting! We will see how many make it to fledging. I still have no idea how many eggs or anything. All I know is that Mrs. Parakeet is still pooing in the water bowl, religiously.

After doing a little more wash, I headed out to Tractor Supply. I wanted to get wormer for the sheep. One sheep is looking a bit lean, and I learned from their former owner that she didn't really worm, so they would be due. I also bought some probiotics for Lucy.

I then stopped by Barnes and Noble and bought the newest Earlene Fowler book. I am SOOOO happy. She's got to be my favorite author.

Then I headed up to the farm. Chatted with my brother and his girlfriend a bit, and then went up to worm. Well, I got three of the four done easy peasy, but #22 harbors angst toward me from the whole foot issue, so she would not settle anywhere near me. Lucy worked her butt off to hold them to me, but we were not in a corner, so I finally decided to head to the gate, where there is a corner, and I was able to grab her. Phew. Lucy was HOT. I then decided to dump the water and clean out the tank, and refill. When I went up to turn the water on, the steers were in the barn. Why? I have no idea. I had to skootch by them to get the water on.

After all that was done, I took a walk around the pasture to check the fence, and seee how the grass was holding up. Looks fine. I think I could put a few more sheep in there.

Got home and more cleaning and now I am just going to chill. Twas a good weekend.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love the Lucy stories!! She is your champion