Thursday, May 20, 2010

Mid-week

Well, here it is, toward the end of the week, and what's going on?

Well, not much. This week was one of catch up with the house/yard work. Last night I got home and string trimmed the yard. It was sorely needed. My left arm just about quit on me, but I endured ;0) and got it done. Afterward I brushed the dogs. All of them had undercoat to come out, except Lucy who has the perfect coat. Danny loves to be brushed- he just closes his eyes, and soaks it in.

While I was brushing the dogs, I noticed Danny looking at something, so I looked over, and saw two Pileated Woodpeckers doing a courtship dance on a tree that is on my property line. It was very cool. Everything the male did, the female did. Eventually, the disappeared. I have never seen a Pileated Woodpecker at my house, let alone two. Neat!

After that, the day was drawing to a close, and I settled in for some tv.

This weekend is planned to work the dogs, and even work them in the cow field, once I get the cows out. Oh, tonight I mow the lawn, so no chores like that this weekend- YES!

Well, that's it for now.

No comments: