Sunday, May 2, 2010

Busy, just busy

Lots to report, I guess, if you're interested! I worked the dogs this weekend. Danny had a bit of an epiphany. He gathered off a person, and his away side is spectacular, but his come by side is still a work in progress, but I've not doubt we will get there. We worked him a bit long so on the last come by, he got behind the sheep and sat ;) I have been alternatively stopping him at the top and just letting him be, because he seems to have no real need to get more focused, or I don't know. I think I over did it though, so the next time we work, I will just let him be and only steady him if he's bumping them. Always second guessing myself with him.

Lucy did well, but you know, she is slower than normal. Still working on opening up her outruns. She gets the correction I use, so it's not too bad.

Okay, so that's done. On Saturday after work, I rushed to the farm to meet the guy I hired to put up the barbed wire fence. He NEVER showed/called. What a LOSER. That was a giant waste of time. The roll of barbed wire is just too heavy for me to move. On the way home I stopped by the rental place and reserved a brush hog (walk behind). It ended up getting delivered late Sat afternoon. I had already gone home, so I went back to the farm to "get my hands dirty" with it.

It worked very well, but even though it's self propelled, it has no steering, which is exhausting. I only got about an hour in, before I had to stop.

Sunday I got to the farm at 7:00 am, so I could get as much possible before the heat hit. Well, I ended up having to take a break every hour, because my arms were screaming and I was just weak and HOT. It was 94 degrees in the shade. I got as much as I could before I simply had to quit. I drank so much liquid, I am surprised I didn't pop a leak!

I finally stopped, and I went home and mowed the lawn, and put various yard tools away.

I then made a nice dinner, and now I am watching "Gene Simmons Family Jewels" which I rather enjoy.

Plan is to get in bed early, read my book and SLEEP!

No comments: