Thursday, May 6, 2010

Drat

So, the guy who was supposed to work for me this week canceled, due to a death in the family. I completely understand him canceling (at least he CANCELED), but I really want to get the chute done, the barbed wire up and the trees cut. Basically just two days work. But, on the other hand, I am out of money.... I should know better than to think that we would get this stuff done in one short period of time, by hiring folks off of craigslist! I am trying to get the other guy who did some chain sawing to come out, but he was supposed to call me this week and hasn't. For a time when the economy is so bad, it surely doesn't feel like people want to work much.

Lucy's teeth are giving her problems. I always knew it was a matter of time before at least one molar had to be pulled. Lately she won't eat her biscuits, and this morning she would not eat her breakfast, which is completely not like her. I have an appointment next week for her to have her teeth done, and to be spayed. This will probably prevent her from running in the trials I have entered, so I will have to pull from them. I have decided that a) I will never get another Lucy, and b) I do not want to have to deal with puppies in my teeny tiny house.

This morning a rabbit was LUCKY enough to escape the dogs when I let them out, and that was probably only because Lucy wasn't out yet- she's the bunny chaser extraordinaire!


It was a nice afternoon yesterday, so the dogs got to play a bit. Danny gets hot so fast, that I make him chill out (literally, as he goes in the stock tank). Border Collies just don't generally handle heat anywhere near as well as Kelpies.

So, I guess after work today, I will attempt to get the fence posts pounded in, and some of the barbed wire installed. It will not be easy. I really want the chute in, because it will lead to the barn, and if the ladies get out again, then they can only get to the barn, which apparently, is the only place they want to go anyway! Spoiled they are!

So, that's about it, for now!

No comments: