Sunday, November 15, 2009

Various

First things first, my friend in Australia gave the thumbs up on the new colours- apparently green and gold are Ozzie colours! I had no idea, guess it was fate...

On a very disturbing note (and please note, I am pro choice, even if I would not chose to have an abortion, unless my/baby's health required it) I read an article on forced abortions in China. Still going on. In order to have a child, you must have a "birth permit". Those who don't get the permit face these forced abortions- some done at almost full term, with babies, still alive, and reportedly, just about full term, being dumped in the trash. The Dr's who perform this have tricks such as puncturing the skull, to make sure the baby is dead. It's all very heinous.

Approximately 500 women commit suicide per year in China. Male children is all the country wants, and with the birth permits, and forced abortions, and elective, if the child is female, they now have 37 million more men than women in this country. This also fuels the sex trade. It's all very disturbing. The article I read was well written, and was due to information brought illegally out of China. We need to measure our need to be friendly with China, with the equal need to pressure this heinous practice to stop. Yes, China is over populated, it is. They have starving people. But, what about rewarding people to take birth control, something that would prevent unnecessary births, but not take away individual rights.

Another completely different note, I watch Victoria Stillwell, and Cesar when I can. They all tout the benefits of walking our dogs. Ostensibly, I agree. But, what if you have a neighborhood that has poor examples of neighbors, and their aggressive dogs, every other house? Dogs that frequently get loose, and go after people and dogs. Is it good to walk my dogs in my neighborhood? Even in another neighborhood, I find that the rational versus nincompoop dog owner is heavily weighted on the latter. I just simply don't want my dogs attacked.

Oh, and one more thing- I told you this was various- if you have a cat that pukes his canned food, make sure that when you plate it, you squish it down into the bottom of the bowl. This makes the cat work harder, and take longer to eat, thusly, removing the need to puke.

No comments: