Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Good Dogs

Today, I took some time to go and work the dogs. I have to work the rest of the week, including tomorrow and Sat, so I decided I best get to it.

I have been working Lucy on driving and shedding. Also, tuning up her chintzy outruns. It's funny how they can slide some times ;) Well, Lucy "gets" shedding. So far it's been easy for us, I say "easy" because for some reason I am just really calm doing it, and that must make Lucy calm... Once we get the single shed off, we work her away. Well, the ewe today first decided to play ring around the rosy around some trees, and then we got her off. Well, then she ran hard up then down the hill. Then she cut left, and a few times just tried to run FASTER than Lucy and almost OVER her. Lucy was in her element. Lucy was on her toes, because that ewe never gave it up. It was just very good work.

I also worked Danny, and today was a bit of an epiphany for us both. I finally decided I had to get him OFF the sheep, and notice that I exist. Danny yielded when I finally got through to him, and then I have him some flanks. BOY is that a break through. He is going to be a good one, I think. He is NOT afraid at ALL of sheep, and he has good work in him. He's also such a lovely tempered boy.

They were both so good today, it was very rewarding to work them. Now, it's time to build an appetite for food tomorrow...

No comments: