Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Update on Danny

I went to see Danny working the other day. Of course, the battery to my video camera was dead as a door nail.

I hid behind a tree, and the trainer started working him. I could see immediately, that this was a different dog than the pup I sent up there not quite a month ago. Danny was not tight, he was freely moving. He would do nice flanks, and then walk up as asked, and he was so super focused and serious.

I then got to work him just a little, as I wanted our interaction to be good, and he was good for me too.

Later, as we chatted, Danny lay down, and watch the sheep intently, but his ears were back listening... Every once in a while he would turn his head back, as if to ask permission if he could walk up.

Danny has joined up with his trainer, and she is as far as he is concerned THE sheep goddess. He was happy to see me, but really, what he wanted to do was to work for whomever would, but he has bonded to the trainer very well. It's my first experience with that. Kelpies don't generally bond to other people so well.

Danny is so happy there working sheep, it's really hard to articulate. He has matured so much on the sheep, and is just all about the work. He is still a puppy to be sure, but he has come leaps and bounds.

I will be getting him back next week. Glad to have him back, but I will need to make sure I keep him worked.

No comments: