Tuesday, November 17, 2009

She called me a "baby"!

Now, like most self sufficient, independent women, I believe I am pretty tough- for most purposes. I pride myself on my ability to rebound from insult or injury.

Well, yesterday I had a Dr. appointment. Had to get my B12 shot. Well, the first time I got one, I didn't feel it- a nurse had done it. The second time, the physician did it, and it hurt like a &%%U$%$. She told me that that was because she used a different needle, or some such hooey, because people believed that if it didn't hurt, it wouldn't work.... Yeah, right.

So, when she jabs me with the needle, I flinch, just a little- more because I was expecting pain, but I did. In response the Dr. said "You are a baby!" Now, that irritated me. Let me give HER a shot. Please. Most physicians I have met are the BIGGEST babies.

Add to that the fact that when I went to leave, on my paperwork she circled something about allergies (as the reason for the appt), and that she gave me a requisition for b-work, not having mentioned that she would, and I left there a bit annoyed.

Question: Would you be annoyed? What would you do?

She is a good Dr, but she lacks in bedside manner, and evidently, memory...

ps: my arm aches. Give me the nurse next time, please.

No comments: