Sunday, November 1, 2009

Tail gate sale

Wow, it was fun :) I brought Lucy, and when I arrived, the first thing I noticed was that there were LOTS of poultry- ducks, Quail, Turkeys, LOTS of Chickens. There were also Bunnies, Sheep, Goats, well, I am not sure what else, because I only stayed an hour, and more was coming as I was heading out. Lots of stuff being sold.

Lucy rather enjoyed herself- a bit too much. The Chickens were bringing out the Coyote in her, and she truly got very interested when they squawked when someone picked them up. The sheep consisted of ewe and ram lambs some 4 months, some 5 months, who were not dog broke. They thought Lucy was another sheep, I think. For some reason, Lucy was not interested in them. Well, when they were unloading, yes, but not in their pens. There were Jacobs and Dorsets. I came *close* to taking the Jacobs.



So close, but so far...



Lucy says "If I sit real nice, can I PLEASE have them?"



Pekin mixed meat Ducks (only 14 weeks old)



BUNNIES!!!



Lucy is looking at lunch on the run



The boys again, look who's looking at Lucy again...



Lucy eyeing the Turkeys- she thougth there gobble sounds were amazing



The male Jacob, and Dorset sheep, and wethered goat, who's eyeing Lucy



Turkeys



35 lb male Gray goose- word is, he's looking for a girl friend



HUGE show Chickens- all roosters



Prettiest Japanese Quail I have seen



Boar goat kids



Close up of "Lamb Chop" ewe lamb



Jacob ewe lambs, and a Dorset ewe lamb

2 comments:

BCxFour said...

That is so cool, where do you find things like this? I wonder if we have them in the PNW?

Dancing shepherdess said...

They started this spring. It's a way for all the livestock folk to get together, and sell/trade what they need to. It actually formed out of craiglist- the yahoogroup, and grew from there.