Sunday, November 29, 2009

Updates, and a bit of a miracle

The last few days have been busy- working, enjoying Thanksgiving, working and also squeezing in some sheep dog work. To say I am tired, well, not EXHAUSTED, but a bit weary, but the good thing is, I have dived into a new book, which I quite like, so am getting good rest at night.

I have done 80% of my Christmas shopping. Should finish up this week :))
I got a new friend for BJ the Parakeet. She's an older girl, not old, but mature, and as of today, they are sharing a perch. She's blue too. I think BJ is happy.

Lucy worked on helping others, and outruns and she did some good sheds. It's fun doing that with her.

Danny is finally getting how to start off right on his flanks, and is giving ground when I ask, with nary a problem. It's amazing, how much he has matured. We are still in the round pen and will remain so, until such a time as he is consistent on not slicing or zipping. It's going away, but still not quite gone. Considering that he started out by diving directly into the sheep, he's come a long way. He's also nice to call off- no problems. He loves his lovin' after he works too. He is definitely a boy who LOVES to WORK for ME. It's very cool.

Lucy's mom in Australia had a litter of pups- ELEVEN!!!! Stay tuned on which pup is coming to the USA to KICK BUTT on the trial field :) If you know anyone who may be interested, please contact me. It's cheaper with two in a crate, for shipping :)

Okay, here's the miracle. Two + months ago, a husband/wife at work (they both work at my institution) told me that their cat went missing. They believed perhaps a Coyote got it. They had just moved into the new house a couple months before.

I kept a watch on Craigslist, and they also posted ads on Craigslist. So many pets are found through this listing service, it's amazing.

A few weekends ago, I saw an ad in the local paper- someone had found a Tabby cat, and they left their phone #. I don't normally LOOK at the classified ads in the paper, but I did that day. I forwarded the contact information to the folks at work.

Well, today, I got an email, that the folks who lost their cat finally got in touch with this person who had a found Tabby cat. IT WAS THEIR CAT!!!!!!!!!! He is now home. The big thing is, he had to go several towns over, to reach this woman's house. Miles and miles, across busy traffic.

I can't tell you how this warms my heart. Their sons were so upset, and missing their kitty.

1 comment:

BCxFour said...

You are getting another Kelpie? A puppy? Wow! I cant wait to see puppy pictures!

That is a very cool story about the tabby, isnt it amazing how things work sometimes?