Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Odd feelings...


So, it's been a while since Lucy has gone off to learn the Zen of sheep herding. It's odd. I do miss her, but I see in my other dogs, that things are more relaxed around the house for them. She is a bossy girl. Always putting her nose in things. The only one that misses her, I can see, is Mr. Chips, my young cat. He is positively annoying to my older cat now, and he is ambushing Kylie. He sleeps right where Lucy would, so even though I thought I would have lots of room in bed, he is in her spot. I also wonder what she will think about coming home to no sheep. I mean, she gets to work every day. What if when I bring her home she is miserable? I never thought of this...
I don't know. It's really been an roller coaster of emotions for me lately. I think Lucy will at least, when all is said and done, be a better sheep dog (that's for sure), and I hope that as she matures, less will be more in terms of work, and we can progress a bit and enjoy each other out there.

I also wonder about how much time I will be spending working sheep in general. Gas is still so expensive, and money is as tight as it can be. I think my life is changing like so many others. Changing to not spending unless necessary (sheep work isn't necessary), and basically battening down the hatches. Oh to win the lottery. So, who knows. I think in the end, we get what we need, not what we want. And, sometimes what we THINK we want, isn't IT at all.

Yeah, weird feelings- I told you!

No comments: