Saturday, September 6, 2008

Fall is here, and trials will soon be over

Today the weather was supposed to be absolutely cruddy, but so far, no rain, just HORRID humidity. Sort of stinks, because I could have gone to work sheep. Oh well. Miss Lucy has a trial next weekend, just a small novice only trial (novice/pro-novice/ranch). I always get jittery before a trial, but I don't know why. I see there is a new Kelpie that will be running- that is always cool. I hope that Lucy just remembers her p's and q's. That's all we need. Lucy has all the tools in her box... The work on driving we have been doing has helped a lot to keep her calm, as well as when I give her directs, I say them in a calm voice- that has been HUGELY beneficial. Such a simple thing. We will be at a dis-advantage at the trial because we have never worked there, and many folks who are going have. This shall make it interesting. But, that's what it's all about right? You pays your money, you takes your chances! So, until we work sheep again, that will be it for now!

No comments: