Sunday, September 28, 2008

Okay okay okay- I GIVE

Subsequent to making my blog private, I have received NUMEROUS requests to make it public again. Apparently, some folks do enjoy reading it ;) After thinking about it, I have decided that I will make this blog public again, but with one rather large disclaimer: I will NOT be told WHAT to write, and what NOT to write. I shall respect other's wishes, within reason, but I shall not be censored (any more than I already censor myself (and TRUST me, I do censor!). So To those out there who enjoy creating drama- please exit stage left now.

Okay, now that old business has been taken care of..

"I like bread and butter, I like toast and jam"- you know that song? Well, this morning I got up and made my traditional toast and jam with a nice cup of java, and that song came into my mind. The toast was perfect, the coffer superb- how better to start a day I ask you? Truth be told, it was a great start, because I slept in a bit. It is really odd with less dogs in the house these days. Everyone seems more relaxed except for Mr. Chips- he runs around grabbing this and that, and just can't settle. He must miss Lucy- even if the other dogs don't!

Don't expect to get much done today. I just sort of want to lay low. I haven't done that in so long. A weekend of rest, now, THAT'S a novel idea! I miss working sheep a bit, but I think a break is needed here and there, and I am sure the sheep won't mind!

Last night the dogs all got sirloin steak with their dinners. Can you say HAPPY DOGS!? Yes, the steak was way too big for me, and I figured, why not spoil them a bit. I seem to have a certain level at which meat not only is too filling, but I end up saying NO! to anymore, that happened yesterday with my/our meal.

I want to take this time to thank everyone for their condolences on my loss of Cori. Though I know it was the right decision, it makes it no easier. It has put things into perspective for me. I have decided that I need to reassess why I have dogs. I don't have them to compete with, I don't have them to show off, I have them because they enrich my life. That's pretty much it. When a dog becomes just a tool, something that has only one purpose, then, when things go south with that purpose, what do you have left? I may always be that girl with "that" dog out there on the trial field, or I may not. We will work hard to improve, but at the end of the day, what you really have is your friend, near you, adoring your every move- the least we can do is to return the favor by enjoying them for WHO THEY ARE, not WHAT WE WANT THEM TO BE. I guess the same could be said for ourselves. If we spend our time wishing/wanting for things, and never just notice, and be thankful for all we have, what do we have? A lifetime of misery. Nothing will ever be enough. Funny, the lessons our dogs teach us.

You may have noticed that I have changed my blog title. I think it just fits some how, much better :)

No comments: