Thursday, September 25, 2008

She's gone






Cori passed away peacefully in my arms last night. Sometime early in the evening, Cori started crying again. I found her on her side, her legs outstretched in front of her, unable to get up. I tried to help her up, but she didn't want to. It was then that I knew I had to do something. I brought her to the emergency vet and the vet gave me my options. My gut, my heart knew that Cori just was not able to fight this anymore. I have never been present for one of my own animals being put to sleep. I was light headed when I agreed. For a fleeting moment, I almost changed my mind. When it was time, and the sedative was administered, Corl started to fall asleep, and as she did I kissed her forehead, and told her I loved her over and over. Words can't describe how my heart aches. She's gone. I will never see her again. I have uploaded some pics to show my girl. I don't know if it will get easier. Right now my heart is broken.

2 comments:

Darci said...

Darn Julie, that just sucks. Im so sorry. I have been present for a couple of my old dogs final moments, and I understand. The pain will lesson, but I dont think it ever goes away. Still fresh for me is my loss of Rose, and I still have a hard time looking at her pictures. It still just breaks my heart. I grieve with you.

Bo Peep said...

I'm so sorry.