Friday, September 19, 2008

And again..

We worked. Nice, really nice weather. We started by sorting out sheep. Lucy was NOT listening to my down- and stay there's. So, on goes the collar and we remind her of what down is. Okay, so now I have 4 sane ewes to work. So, we take a little break after sorting, because I am choosy, and it takes some time. The sheep left for other more dog-less parts of the field- this was good. So, we worked on some outruns, and I ensured she knew I was THERE on the fetch, so she would heed my downs. Basically, I would run through the sheep at her if no down. MAN was she bad at first. B.A.D. She did improve though. So, then we worked on driving and flanks etc. That was good. Basically, we did a little of everything. Even worked on opening a gate and having her hold, calmly the sheep who badly wanted out. Didn't get to pull off anyone, but I did get to work mainly on downs- which is our sole hold back at this point. We have a trial this weekend- perhaps we will practice down all night...

No comments: