Monday, February 4, 2013

My Blog is a good thing...

One reason I like my blog, other than to be able to vent, or record major events, like being beat up by a sheep...  is that I also record when my sheep were marked/bred by the ram... Of course I always mean to write this down, but for whatever reason, I don't...

So, here's what I have gathered from my blog...

First ewe marked by the 15 of Sept, and last one marked by the 14 of October, so due starting Feb 9, until March 10.  So, basically a month of lambing.  I can't be sure WHO is definitely bred, but I suspect that the blackest ewe I have is not pregnant, and that one of the Cheviots is not bred either, but there is really no way to tell yet.  Especially since we have over a month to go for some of them.  Some Cheviots have started to bag up, but that is no real determiner, because some ewes bag up really early, and some just before they deliver.....

The babes will come when they are ready :)

No comments: