Monday, February 4, 2013

Chewed up and spit out

On Sunday, I got up and wasn't feeling that great; was light headed.  Made some French toast, which was marginal as the "real" maple syrup I bought at a grocery store had very little flavor.  I obviously need to get some real stuff locally...  Anyway, when I went out to go to the farm, I noted it was very cold.  Again.  I am sick of this cold...

I got to the farm, and decided to try and crutch the Border Leicester/Romney girls.  This is not fun for them.  This is not fun for me.  I would LOVE to have electric sheers.   Had to fight, a bit, and one ewe really pummeled me- she struck my right leg, inside, all over.  I feel like I have been chewed up and spit out this morning.  Next time, I will just get them done by a professional- much faster and easier on everyone.  Meant to trim feet, but forgot...

After that, I worked Joe a bit, and he seems to be accepting my lie down commands on the drive better (not disliking them) and is getting a bit of pace.. This is very very good.  Many of the sheep are about one month to go pregnancy wise, and they are slower.  Sure hope the aforementioned ewes have a few ewe lambs, as I want to keep them.  I want to transition to a heavier sheep both for raising lambs and quieter sheep- although.... given how they acted... Hmmmm....

Fed everyone, and then headed home.  Really did not feel well when I got there, and thusly did no house work.  I didn't even watch the Super Bowl.  I just read my book and asleep early.  AND, ready for this?  Been up since 3:30 am again.  I have a very busy week at work this week.  I just gotta keep pedaling...


No comments: